A Comprehensive Engineering Conference
IEEE MetroCon 2017 will include seven parallel and technical powerful tracks! Attendees have the opportunity to rapidly grasp the technical and societal implications of some of the most promising and innovative new developments and ideas emerging from the engineering disciplines. Each track has been organized into well-coordinated morning and afternoon sessions designed to achieve maximum exposure for attendees in minimum time.
- Internet of Things
- Software and Systems Engineering
- Developing and Deploying Secure Systems
- Power & Energy Systems
- Computational Intelligence
- Financial Management and Professional Development
Download: Current Program (coming soon)
From the ScienceNews Network Radio program, the Promise of Tomorrow: Colonel Mason speaks with presenters of this year’s MetroCon:
- 2017 MetroCon Chairman, Diane Collier, covers the conference developments, 30th Anniversary!
- Ed Hightower, Track chair — Internet of Things; Ed provides an overview of IoT, low power wide area networks, and an IoT track preview.
ScienceNews Network, the Promise of Tomorrow: Press Releases:
The Colonel spoke with selected presenters of IEEE MetroCon 2016:
- 2016 MetroCon Chairman, Diane Collier, covers latest Conference developments
- Dr. Ali Abedi, Leak Detection for International Space Station
- Dr. Hongli Wu, Challenges and opportunities in the study of age-related macular degeneration – development of a novel mouse model
- Michael Quinn, Oncor CTO, speaks on everything from cyber security, physical security, drone security, and handling growth in electrical demand
- Dr. Ashwin Nair, Sr. Lecturer, Bioengineering Dept., University of Texas at Arlington (UTA), speaks on the challenges in building scaffolds for bio tissue engineering and generation. Dr. Nair will speak on this topic in the Biotechnologies Track
- Dr. Risto Miikkulainen, Evolution of Neural Networks, of the University of Texas at Austin and Sentient Technologies speaks on the latest in neural networks, learning reinforcement, and applications in control systems, robotics, artificial life, and games
- Dave Copps, technology visionary, entrepreneur, founder and CEO of Brainspace talks about the role of machine learning in uncovering insights, answers, connections, and new discoveries in mining unstructured information of the enterprise
- Colin Gordon, CISSP, with Schweitzer Engineering Laboratory (SEL), talks about physical and data security with our nation’s power system utility infrastructure
- Romelia Flores, IBM Distinguished Engineer and master inventor and Keynote speaker for MetroCon 2016, talks with Colonel Mason about the state of cloud computing in leveraging IBM’s cognitive technology and quantum experience.
- Dr. Yi Hong, Assistant Professor of BioEngineering at UTA, talks with the Colonel about using molecular design and biodegradable polymers to effect soft tissue repairs and regeneration.
- John Lindsay, software engineer and attorney with Lindsay Patent Law, discusses advanced auto-to-auto wireless communication to improve human reaction time and vehicle roadway safety.
2016 Press Releases: